The Pro-Driver half day course is a FORS silver approved practical cycle awareness course suitable for van, fleet and other professional drivers. It's overall aim is to minimise risk in interactions between drivers and cyclists.
- Driver attitudes and perceptions
- Introduction to active travel, driver fitness and health
- Bicycle control skills (training in off-road training area)
- On-road drills looking at hazard recognition — understanding the issues faced by active travellers (bike on road, exploring infrastructure and potential areas of conflict)
- Providing drivers a cyclist's perspective of riding on busy roads
- Debrief — lessons learnt, practical ways drivers can minimise risk and feedback.
- To encourage professional drivers to empathise with cyclists
- To make drivers aware of the risks of the road
- Understanding assertive cycling/how cyclists do/should ride
- Ability to adopt behaviour
- Drivers outline actions to minimise risk
NOTE: This is a practical on bike session. Bikes are provided. Drivers who are not able to ride a bike will be accommodated and can still take part in the training by walking to the drill sites.
Organisations/local authorities: If you would like to book a Pro-Driver course for your driver fleet please contact: Maresha T: 020 7232 4382 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals: Drivers can book onto an open course: