School Cycle Training Information for Parents
Your child has been invited to join a cycle training course. In booking your child’s place you understand that:
- You must make sure my child’s bike is roadworthy. The Instructor may make adjustments and repairs to your child’s bike where necessary.
- Cycle Training UK (CTUK) will not be held liable for any injury which it is established may have been prevented by wearing of a helmet or any injury which it is later established may have been caused by the wearing of a helmet. The instructor will advise on the fit of a helmet, but will not necessarily be able to judge from its appearance if it is in good condition.
- You will tell CTUK about any medical condition or special educational need (SEN) my child has which may affect the training.
- If your child is over 8 years old and demonstrates competence, some training will take place on the road
- If your child misses a session, it may not be possible for them to rejoin the course.
- You should think about personal accident insurance for my child
- Having training does not mean that it is safe for your child to cycle or fix a bicycle in all circumstances. To become a proficient cyclist or mechanic takes much more practice than lessons of this kind can provide.
- CTUK is not responsible for any injury or loss or damage not caused by an instructor, or which happens outside these lessons, including journeys to and from school.
- You accept that the instructors may at any time refuse to continue to train your child if their behaviour or ability level is considered to be unsuitable.
- You understand that details held by Cycle Training UK Ltd may be given to the organisations that are wholly or part paying for my child’s lesson and that these organisations may contact me.
Back to the form